Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Who is Jack Barter?

I am, of course. I was born, John Aaron Barter, in 1984 in Nowheresville, California, to William and Evelyn Barter. Everyone just calls me Jack. I have a sister, Brooke, a brother-in-law, Sean, and a nephew, Alex. I have many other relatives who probably merit a mention, but that's for another day. I moved to Vegas at 21, then New York at 26. I am average in so many ways, but good at almost everything I attempt. Not great. Good. Name it, I've probably tried it. Except skiing, or any other snow-based athletic endeavors, those I haven't done, but, pretty much everything else, and I'm at least above average at all of it. Except maybe chopping things. My knife skills are seriously lacking.

I work in a Manhattan restaurant owned by an eccentric Canadian millionaire, Ben Ellis. It's a Blue Jays and Maple Leafs bar that suffers during football season due to a lack of allegiance to any one team. The Eagles bar down the block is packed to bursting on Sundays in the fall while we struggle with their leftovers.

I live on the Upper East Side with my girlfriend, Angelica Klein, and our snarky roommate, Samantha Voss.

More about them later. This post is about me, after-all. But, I don't know what else to say about that subject. You have enough about me for now. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment